Aout Bonaire Island
Bonaire is a beautiful and diverse island. There are many different experiences waiting for your when you’re here. Firstly, in the south you see spectacular pink and turquoise salt lakes and gigantic salt mountains. Next, the North’s green and mountainous landscape will spark your wild adventurous side. Exploring the island is like going back in time – enjoying the pure and organic nature, animals above and under the water.
Lastly, the island is called Diver’s Paradise for a reason. The diversity and the sheer size of the Marine Park is astonishing. The organisation taking care of the safety regulations is called Stinapa Bonaire.
Divers, snorkelers, swimmers, but as well as windsurfers, kitesurfers and SUP’ers, must all be controlled and pay a fee to be allowed to enjoy the waters of Bonaire. For divers the Stinapa badge costs $45, and for snorkelers, swimmers and water sport enthusiasts, the badge is $25. The badge does not only give access to the Marine Park and its attractions, but also supports the conservation processes of Stinapa Bonaire.
Do you have more questions? Please do not hesitate to ask our Front Office employees for tips. Additionally, they can help you reserve tours or other experiences.
Here’s a list of some popular activities on the island. Once you’re here, please don’t hesitate to come by our Front Office to get advice and book your next excursion!
- Diving & Snorkeling
- Bonaire is a great destination for getting your PADI license! it’s the number one shore diving location. Read more here.
- Windsurfing & SUP’ing
- Lac Bay lagoon is a great windsurfing spot due to its shallow warm waters and strong ocean winds. On a less windy day you can go out with a SUP board! Read more here.
- About 15min drive away from the hotel you can find Atlantis beach, which is a designated beach for kitesurfing. Grab a lesson, rent equipment and enjoy!
- Sailing & Boat Trips
- Explore the island from the water! You can reach otherwise unreachable spots, such as Klein Bonaire and marvel at the water colors, and maybe even spot dolphins! There are many sailing centers on the island, or opt for a boat tour. Read more here.
- This is an activity loved by the locals. You can book a game fishing trip and catch your own tuna or mahi mahi! Read more here.
- Hiking & Bird-watching
- Looking for some nature tracking? Drive around the North side of Bonaire to locate the hiking trails. During the walks, don’t forget to spot native birds, there are too many! If you want, book a bird-watching tour.
- Off-road cycling
- There are mountain biking trails to pump up your active side!